Thursday, June 11, 2009

A hard week...

Yesterday was a date I had been dreading for quite some time. Around December of last year, my dear friend and neighbor called me to say her and her family were moving to Augusta. Now rationally, I know that it's only a three hour drive and that we can still visit one another from time to time. Yet it seems so much further.

We've only known each other for about 2 1/2 years, but in that time, she has become such a special part of my life. We didn't talk or see each other every day as some friends do, but yet there was this comfort in knowing she was right next door....that either one of us could pick up the phone at any time just to say hi. And often we did just that. As much as I will miss her, I am also very grateful that God saw fit not only to make her my neighbor~but my friend as well. There is a quote I read awhile back and I think it sums up my feelings perfectly:

"How lucky am I to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to. "~anonymous

In other news...

It's pretty much been confirmed that I'm losing my marbles. Yes folks, we all knew it was bound to happen. LOL Let me tell you what happened:

Rejean left for work yesterday morning as he ususally does. I decided since it was still early that I would lay down for a while longer. All of a sudden I could hear something. I get up to check and realize the tv in the craft room was on. So, I turn it off and get back in bed. About an hour later, same thing. Again, I get up and shut it off. Then less than an hour later, it turns on again. By this point I'm getting frustrated and decide to just turn it off once I wake up. When I do get up, I realize the tv is off. Later that afternoon, the tv turns on and off over and over. By now I'm starting to get creeped out a little so I unplug the tv. Rejean comes home after work, plugs it back in, resets the tv. and all last night was quiet.

Well, I shouldn't say ALL was quiet. While Rejean was watching a tv show in the living room, I decided to go to our master bedroom to watch another. Now keep in mind this is a separate tv from the one I was having issues with before. I turn it on, start watching it and then the next thing I know, I see some numbers in the upper right hand part of the screen as if someone is changing the channel. Then, the channel actually changes. Remote for the tv is sitting on the bed.

This morning, after Rejean went to work, it starts again. I'm in the craft room surfing the net and the next thing I know, the tv is turning on and off behind me. Remote is sitting on the table untouched.

I promise I'm not crazy. But if Rejean has me committed, you'll all know why. If any of you have an idea why this might be happening, please feel free to share. We've considered that maybe there is a problem with the remote itself so we may try putting it in a seperate room to see if that stops the problem. I'll keep you posted if we find out what this could be. Unless of course, the "my being crazy" part turns out to be that case my lips are sealed. :o)


BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

I'm sorry your friend and neighbor has moved. How difficult it is to say, "Goodbye". I hope your new neighbor turns out to be a nice friend too.

RE: the remote. Do you have Dish TV? Sometimes the tuners/receivers can go haywire on you. A remote in another room can still change the channel on some of them. I pray you figure it out. How creepy is that????