Saturday, April 11, 2009

Product Review


My product review today pertains to the Spellbinder's Nestabilities Collection dies. These metal dies are designed to both cut out and emboss shapes.

The first concern is the price is a bit steep at 24.99 per set. Unless you have a coupon to use, the money invested in purchasing different shapes can quickly add up.

Second issue: no directions that I could find. I finally resorted to watching a video on You Tube to find out how to use them.

Third issue: Because these dies also have the capability to emboss your shape, you will also need an embossing mat (purchased separately for an additional $8.99).

To make a long story short, I tried my dies using my Sizzix Big Kick. Now, I have seen alot of reviews online raving about how wonderful this cutting system is. But to be honest, I was less than impressed with the overall finished look. In fact, I plan on returning my dies the very first chance that I get.

My advice is to save your $$ or invest in a nice cutting system with basic shapes such as circles, squares etc. I have several coluzzle templates and love them alot. Also, punches are a great investment...especially if you like to paper piece (like we do in many of our layout classes). They are also available in fancier cuts such as the scalloped circle or square. In my opinion, those would be a much better choice.

Just my two cents, for whatever it may be worth...

0 comments: