Friday, April 24, 2009

The 3/50 Project

I want to call attention to the badge I proudly placed on my website today. It's not only to make you aware of something I feel is very important, but it's there also to serve as a reminder to me.

Yesterday I placed on my blog a link to a wonderful website with all kinds of discounts --perhaps to your favorite online stores. But I think there is another aspect here that I feel is just as important. That is, supporting your local small businesses.

There is something about the local Mom & Pop establishments that give you something that the major chain stores just don't offer to the same extent. One being the level of customer service. I don't know about you, but when I go into a small store with a friendly atmosphere and the store owner(s) know my name (perhaps even those of the rest of my family), that makes me feel like I matter...and that my business is important to them.

I realize that with today's economy being strained such that it is, consumers want to get the most they can when spending their hard earned money. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Discounts are great and if we can use them on especially pricier items, then we as consumers need to do so.

But when I do shop for those little things, I plan on visiting my local Mom & Pop stores first to see if they have what I might be needing. It's the places I find fellowship...and am among friends. And that is extremely important to me. My hope is that you will consider doing the same.

Wishing you all a fantastic day!!

0 comments: